I've released a beta version (aren't they all...) because I found solutions to some of the annoying problems with mIRGGI. This is NOT a final version and it might be updated a lot in the future, but since these are hindering the use of mIRGGI I thought some of you might want to try the newer version. The previous one is still available through the normal download links.
At least these problems are in 0.4.4:
- /msg is still broken for some reason, I will try to find out what's wrong (I know where it crashes but not yet why). But remember: the correct way to chat with people is to open a query window with /query nick and then type your message. It'll always work.
- Options menu has one selection that is always too low to show on screen. Will be fixed when I find out how to calculate the extents so that the settings item list won't do this. Naturally it should calculate itself how many items can be shown, but...
- Copy-mode won't show the cursor at the moment.
- There seems to be some flickering when messages arrive in other channels, must investigate.
This version has at least these changes:
- much much MUCH faster window changing, menu opening, changing to other programs and back. this is the main reason for this release
- adds color to mIRGGI (which seems to cause the font not to be antialiased, nice work Nokia...)
- removes the unnecessary status pane and only draws the channel name
- draws status indicators for windows in the top right corner (gray is no activity, green is current window and res is activity after last viewing)
The versio is available here, only for 3rd edition at the moment.